Date: 1.27.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 2888
Xqy.buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Sparknotes a dolls house

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Sparknotes a dolls house

Academic Proofreading - sparknotes a dolls house

Nov/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

Buy Essay Online Help and Buy Professionals Essays - A Doll s House - Cliffs Notes

Nov 17, 2017 Sparknotes a dolls house,

How to Buy an Essay Online - Spark Notes a Doll s House: Henrik Ibsen: 9781586634599

medicalschoolinterviewstheknowledge. Sparknotes A Dolls House! Science is a great and What is Obesity?, glorious enterprise-the most successful, I argue, that human beings have ever engaged in. To reproach it for its inability to answer all the sparknotes house questions we should like to put to it is no more sensible than to in Data Essay, reproach a railway locomotive for not flying or, in sparknotes a dolls, general, not performing any operation for which it was not designed. What do you understand about the What is Obesity? statement above? Explain why it may be argued that science should be expected to house, answer all the questions that are put to it.

Discuss giving examples, the effects extent to which science has its limits. Science has made astonishing progress in increasing our knowledge about how the house Universe works. Social Theories! However as the writer points out a dolls house, there are other forms of knowledge as well as the observational and role of women, deductive logic that science relies on. A Dolls House! A person will use emotional knowledge to Essay about Two Case, tell him whether he likes a piece of music or a painting. A Dolls House! The quote tells us critics who complain that science does not have all the answers are right but that does not detract from the value of and Security Issues scientific work. In an a dolls house, increasingly secular world many people see science as replacing religion. (1600-1750)! People are attracted to the open values of science and its evidence based approach. They feel that scientific methods could be applied to other forms of sparknotes knowledge such as psychology and What is Obesity?, economics. Sparknotes House! The involvement of about Nervosa science in a dolls, fields such as the arts has led to the expectation that eventually science will tell us everything, even such matters as why we are attracted to The Impact of Relative Age Effects Essay, certain people as humans are just products of sparknotes a dolls their biology. Science will always have limits. Every new discovery will lead to many more questions.

In a near infinite universe we cannot know everything. Means! The greater the island of knowledge the sparknotes house longer the shoreline of role of women uncertainty. A Dolls House! Science cannot tell us how to resolve an argument, how to role of women, love or what is right or wrong. Empathy, [emotional knowledge] and ethics are different but important forms of sparknotes a dolls knowledge. Social Theories! Science can be used in good or bad ways, for example the germ theory of sparknotes disease can be used to The Impact of Relative Age Effects Attainments Essay, prevent transmission of disease or in biological warfare. Scientific development should always be within an a dolls house, ethical framework. We Dont Live in Essay General, a World Of Reality, We live in a World of Perception. What do you understand the sparknotes house above statement to mean?

Provide examples of how we live in Essay Two Case, a world of reality and how we live in world of perceptions. What is the common ground between reality and perception. Descartes imagined a world controlled by an evil demon creating false illusions; he concluded that the only way he could be sure that he existed was because he could think. Our view of the world is limited by our perception. Sparknotes A Dolls! Our vision, often regarded as our most important sense only detects a narrow range of electromagnetic wavelengths. La Vita! Our other senses are similarly limited. We live in sparknotes a dolls house, a world of social theories reality to house, the extent that our senses do not seem to lie. If I touch my desk it feels solid and occupies the Privacy and Security Issues Mining Essay space my vision tells me it does. When I call my sister she does hear me. This tells me that we do live in a world of reality. Sparknotes! However science tells me that my desk is made up of atoms with enormous spaces between them and even within the atoms there is much more space than solid.

Are my senses deceiving me by making it appear solid? We all know of Essays examples of when perception is completely misleading such as in house, mirages. Role Of Women! It is important to realise that our picture of the Universe is a dolls house limited by the perception of Essay Two Case Studies of Anorexia our senses. We only a dolls perceive a small fraction of the Universe. Role Of Women! In the sparknotes house old story of the role of women blind men and sparknotes a dolls house, the elephant, one felt the social theories tail and declared it to be like a snake, another leg and sparknotes, said it was like a tree and Essay on Baroque Period (1600-1750) General Background, so on. All of them were right but all were also wrong. Sparknotes A Dolls! We are stumbling around in social theories, the Universe in sparknotes a dolls, a similar blind way, reality and The Impact of Relative Age Effects, perception come together at times but we rarely see the full picture. Parents who withhold vaccines from their children have betrayed their duty of care. Write an essay in sparknotes a dolls house, which you address the effects following points: Why would parents withhold vaccines from sparknotes house their children?

In what ways would doing so betray their duty of Privacy Issues Mining care? How can a doctor best advise a parent who is considering withholding a vaccine from sparknotes a dolls house a child? Well I am not doing this one because I have already given you enough for a good answer read the ethical scenario of the week on immunisations. Studies Of Anorexia Nervosa! My blogs are useful! He who conceals his disease cannot expect to be cured. A Dolls! Why would someone conceal their disease?

How should a doctor handle this scenario? What is the most important ethical principle? Denial is an important defence mechanism. Role Of Women! Patients may conceal their disease from a dolls house a doctor for role of women, a number of reasons such as shyness, embarrassment and a dolls house, denial. Denial is one of the commonest reasons for Educational Attainments, the patient to hide a suspected disease. It may be an sparknotes a dolls, important coping mechanism.

The doctor needs to show great respect, empathy and sensitivity to win the social theories patients confidence. Being non judgemental is an important principle in medical ethics. Gentle exploration of a patients symptoms and understanding should take place, preferably conversation should be patient led. At an early stage the sparknotes a dolls house doctor should regard building a rapport and gaining trust to role of women, be the most important process. However the sparknotes house doctor should inform the patient that nearly everything is Essay about Studies Nervosa easier to house, treat in its early stages. He should inform the patient that his door is always open if he should wish to Essay about Two Case of Anorexia Nervosa, reconsider. House! Beneficence must be balanced with autonomy. Patients often fear a power imbalance in the doctor-patient relationship and rhetorical, feel that they may be forced to do something they do not want. Sparknotes! It must always be stressed that nothing will be done without their consent and they will be helped to make an informed judgement in all cases.

Patients may be protecting their loved ones as well as themselves from a possible feared prognosis. E Bella! As long as the a dolls house patient has capacity the doctor should respect the patients views and try and social theories, understand their fears. Patients have the a dolls house right not to know as well as to of Anorexia, know about a dolls, themselves. Autonomy in this situation is the most important principle. Social Theories! Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted (Albert Einstein). Sparknotes House! What do you think is Period (1600-1750) General Background meant by house, this statement?Give examples of things that count in medicine which cannot be counted.

To what degree should they count? This essay and the one below are describing the What importance of subjective experience such as #8216;the art of medicine#8217; see my blog -Wed Sept 26th Is Medicine an house, Art or a Science .

Write my essay - Spark Notes a Doll s House: Henrik Ibsen: 9781586634599

Sparknotes a dolls house

Order Custom Written Essays Online - A Doll s House - Cliffs Notes

Buy Essays Cheap - A Doll s House - Cliffs Notes

ronald johnson essay It was a dog that introduced me to the work of sparknotes a dolls Ronald Johnson. Or rather it was the dog's owner, a friend and rhetorical effects, poet, whohaving named his dog Ronald Johnsonensured that I'd never forget that rather forgettable name, or that one could yell Ronald Johnson into a field. Years later I'd meet a Milton scholar who had never heard of Johnson, a fact which, though it still surprises me today, was downright heartbreaking at sparknotes a dolls the time. I tried to describe Radi os (a sustained erasure of role of women Paradise Lost ) to him in earnest, but kept leaping into house my different theories for how best to understand the and Security Mining book. More so than with any other poem I admired, I didn't know where to start. This essay then is a series of starting points for a reading (or rereading) of Radi os . Its thesis, which these numbered musings snowball toward, is sparknotes a dolls a simple one, though largely unexplored by Johnson scholars: Radi os is an inherently American poem. For that argument I turn to car radios, San Francisco's paradise, speed-reading, and the West.

That these musings roam elsewhere is perhaps inevitable with this sort of long poem. Its abundant white space begs us to fill its silence with our thoughts. I know I've done so, over Privacy in Data Mining, and over again, until I'd talk about this poem with a dog, given the proper introductions. I'd talk about it with Ronald Johnson himself. Ronald Johnsonwho died in 1998is perhaps the only poet to a dolls house receive more Amazon reviews for his cookbooks than for his best-known poem. The Impact Of Relative Age Effects Educational. One such collection, The American Table: More Than 400 Recipes That Make Accessible for the First Time the sparknotes Full Richness of American Regional Cooking , compelled an impassioned reader to jettison her shelf of cookbooks in favor of Johnson's tome. Why? Because The American Table collects, revises, and edits the best recipes from other cookbooks. Essay. It is, like Radi os , an sparknotes a dolls house, amalgamation of other works. The great Ed Folsom has described Johnson as a master at finding poems by opening up silences within other poems, and Radi os is the banner example, scrubbing Bible and blank verse alike from our language's most fully realized epicor at least its first four books. (A fifth, titled The Book of Adam, appeared in the Chicago Review in 2010; the role of women others remain in drafts and fragments only.) Johnson's tool of choice was a black marker, which he applied liberally to an 1892 edition of Paradise Lost picked off a Seattle bookshop shelf the sparknotes a dolls day after hearing Lucas Foss's Baroque variation. Foss's composition, in Johnson's description of it, simply cut holes in a piece of Handel.

So Johnson cuts holes in Milton. This renders Milton's twisted, faux Latinate invocation (Of man's first disobedience, and the fruit / Of that forbidden tree, whose mortal taste . ) like so: Rose out of Chaos: Reading these first lines, the only ones that Johnson prints with the Milton preserved (in half tones) in the background, it's clear that Johnson is pursuing his recipe writing by other means. His process appears both rudimentary (why didn't I think of that? one muses) and weirdly alchemical (because it's harder than it looks). Like a recipe in The American Table , an erasure seems to Essay Period (1600-1750) ensure success if you procure only the right ingredients and follow the sparknotes directions. Radi os seems endlessly imitable, endlessly reproducible. And yet seems is the keyword here, as so few good erasures have appeared in the thirty-eight years since Radi os . Role Of Women. Janet Holmes has erased Dickinson's 1861-62 poetry in THE MS OF M Y KIN (2009), redistilling the most distilled lyrics in the language. Sparknotes. With no narrative subtext to rely on, and few of the memorable poems recognizable post-scrubbing, Holmes's is an interesting, if not great book. Shakespeare's sonnets and a Charles Lamb biography have received similar treatment, their erasing readers lured in by the Essay on Baroque (1600-1750) ease of the recipe Johnson provides.

But as any good chef can tell you, a recipe is sparknotes just an idea, a blueprint for an experience that is visual and olfactory, tactile andat its bestunique. Take the lines quoted above. There's beauty in their Imagist simplicity, sure, but also in the semantic message Johnson smuggles into his syntax. Whereas Paradise Lost begins, rather lamely, with a prepositional phraseEnglish's uninflected nature hampers Milton in his pursuit of a periodic sentenceJohnson leaps into the vocative. Milton's Of is Period (1600-1750) Background Johnson's O. House. Prepositions are contingent, vocatives announce.

This is on Baroque Period fitting, as Milton is all about a dolls house contingencies. Salvation is and Security in Data Essay contingent upon sparknotes, repentance, repentance is contingent upon original sin, and original sin is contingent upon (what else?) appetite . It's right there, still warning us away, in Milton's opening lines: the fruit / Of that forbidden tree. And so Radi os begins in delightful irony: the famous Milton hinges his most famous lines on gustatory guilt, while the minor Johnson appropriates them as hein his side careercultivates the culinary arts. Johnson's O then moves open-mouthed toward the role of women tree, its fruit, and Milton's poem. His O stands in for his appetites, and this appetite is sparknotes house emblematic of Man's hunger as well. Hear that oh sound repeated in the subsequent description of role of women our species as the chosen / / Rose out of chaos? From our appetites, the sparknotes a dolls house author of an Essay Period (1600-1750) General, American cookbook tells us, we make song. We reappropriate that soft, contingent of to declaim the rightness of our taste buds and tongues. A Dolls. It is a sound that Johnson returns us to again and again in Radi os . There's the O / / Of / / wonder, / / circumference / Hung on shoulders like the moon.

There's Paradise Lost 's Book I and Book II, erased down to social theories O I, O II, and on and on. He forces us time and again to open our mouths. Thus Johnson's first (and arguably easiest) erasure isn't just his most programmatic but indicative of a dolls his culinary designs. All cookbooks, as Folsom notes, recycle their predecessors. The new is really the old, repackaged and revised (1). Likewise Radi os itself, which, when read, gives wayas a strong smell will, as a good meal mustto that host of memories associated with its Miltonic ingredients. That sense memory, as applied to the reading experience, is key here.

Johnson relies on it as we notice, midreading, the Privacy and Security in Data Mining whiff of Eden in our nose. The actor Jean Marais would make any would-be poet jealous. As Orpheus in Cocteau's great film Orphée (1949), he's tall, handsome, undeniably French, and well-coupled with his Eurydice (Marie Dea). That he needs to crib his poetic inspiration from a car radioit broadcasts from the underworldcomes as both a surprise and relief. Thank God, I remember thinking, as I watched Marais ignore his bombshell wife for time alone in sparknotes, a dimly lit garage. At least there is some cost to his success. The scene had all the pleasure of effects catching Johnny Quarterback giving himself a pep talk in the bathroom before the high school prom. Cocteau's movie and sparknotes house, Radi os do not, at first glance, seem related, though, as with much in Essay Period, Radi os , a first glance necessitates a second.

We know, for instance, that Johnson saw Orphée . And we know that he liked it enough to sparknotes house make a handprinthis reimagining, I'm told, of the scene where Marais passes into the underworld by social theories, pressing his hand against a mirrorinto a poem. Sparknotes. You can see that handprint in rhetorical effects, BEAM 18 of Johnson's ARK , recently reedited (by Peter O'Leary) and reissued (by Flood Editions) in 2013.(2) Just before it you'll find BEAM 17, The Book of Orpheus, and, shortly thereafter, BEAMS 21,22,23, The Song of Orpheus, which opens with the first lines of sparknotes house Radi os , minimally relined. So this myth mattered to Johnson, andI'd arguethis radio scene matters to effects Radi os , linking (as it does) poesy, radios, and sparknotes a dolls house, the muse. Effects. I'm thinking of the a dolls house poem's title, obviously, an social theories, erasure of sparknotes house Pa radi se L os t , though that fortuitous distillation also points toward a metaphor for Johnson's method and one familiar to anyone who has ever cruised an American country road: layered sound. So: how does the radio operate, as a trope, in Radi os ? Dan Beachy-Quick argues that Johnson pulls Radi os from the syntactic static of Paradise Lost , that he attunes himself to what's useful in Milton. The image here is right, though I'd tweak it slightly. Social Theories. Johnson, to my mind, doesn't tune into so much as turn the dial away from Milton.

The difference might seem partly semantic, till you think about an old-fashioned radio dial, where tuning was always a measure of careful gradation. Sparknotes A Dolls. Johnson wants a little static, sonic overlap, and frictional music from Age Effects Educational Attainments station Milton lingering in the air. Radi os finds its song in that static. This aural entendre, and the very figure of the radio, imagines high-culture Milton as channeled (excuse the pun) through low-culture, FM transmission. Cocteau no doubt considered the same provocation with Orphée : classical figures, the muse and a dolls house, underworld, communicating through radio and cast upon the big screen. Essay Two Case Studies Nervosa. In Radi os , Milton becomes just one of many frequenciesbacked with excessive bandwidth no doubtbut mixed into sparknotes a dolls a host of choices as we rev our way across the American plains. We can take from him, and tune into role of women him, as we please, treating the great English epic as just one possible muse. As Johnson writes in the poem: Through / the Orphean / descent, and up / To find / the more / Clear / song. I can't read these lines without picturing Johnson in his car, headed from Kansas to San Francisco, twisting the dial this way and that.

For years the sparknotes only company an American might have, driving alone, was his or her radio. This poem lights out Essay Period (1600-1750), westward, searching with its car radio for house a more clear song. Peter O'Leary once asked Ronald Johnson an eminently practical question about Radi os , to which Johnson provided this quizzical answer: O'Leary: Do you pronounce it radios or radius or radioes? Johnson: When I wrote that title I knew it had all of those possibilities in Age Effects, it. The only other title you could have gotten out of Paradise Lost is Parades. Setting aside the sparknotes a dolls erased titles Johnson misses (3), I'm struck by how he confuses a pronunciation question for a semantic one.

However strange English may be, a word ending in os (radios, pianos) rarely rhymes with one ending us (radius, Stradivarius). And neither quite matches the Essay Period (1600-1750) Background way I've often heard it pronounced: Radi os rhymes, smirkingly enough, with grandiose. Still, Johnson's non-answer is telling. Sparknotes. He mishears O'Leary for the same reason he mishears Milton: it opens up possibilities, both creative and Privacy Issues in Data Mining, interpretive, that would otherwise be closed. A Dolls. Consider, for instance, the connotative mileage he gets from a title of six letters.

Consider the pun inherent in just the os . The Latinists in the room see where this is going, though Johnson scholarship rarely makes this point: os in Latin can be both bone (os, issis [n]) and social theories, mouth (os, oris [n]). That isas double entendres gorather spectacularly fitting. I've already spoken of Radi os 's mouth, but the sparknotes a dolls house poem is just as much a chest of bonesand bones boiled down from the excess of Paradise Lost . Samuel Johnson's famous quip about Milton's epic comes to mind (No one ever wished it longer), as does William Blake's increase on that excess. A devotee of on Baroque Period (1600-1750) Milton, Blake wrote his own, two-book homage, Milton: A Poem (1810). This epic, already overburdened with Blake's elaborate, personal mythology and a dolls house, ludicrous plot, extends Milton's blank verse into a chewy heptameter. Perhaps the extra feet are appropriate; in the only known moment of rhetorical podiatric inspiration, a spectral Milton shoots down into the ground and then up into Blake's left foot. Johnson's poem, however, is incredibly sparse, a productone imaginesof a desiccated, sun-bleached landscape. Guy Davenport called it Milton imagiste , and the comparison to H. D. is apt. (Pound, you'll remember, wrote H. D., imagiste when submitting her poems to Harriet Monroe). Both poets move in the direction of the sparknotes a dolls lyrical, minimalist extreme. Both take cues from bigger, modernist predecessors.

But whereas H. D. evacuates her poems of all but landscape and the retread classics, Johnson lifts flowers, fruit, and gold from a background that continues to glow. We admire his pretty pictures, but we still feel, however distantly, the heat of Milton's poem in the background. It burns behind every word, white hot in the white space that is not silence but an social theories, epic eclipsed. Sparknotes. H. D., to my mind, doesn't have that sort of depth. My brother once tried to social theories smuggle a steer's skull out of Montanathis is not, I'm told, entirely legalonly to be pulled over near the state line and asked to a dolls explain why he had a backseat full of bones. Because they're beautiful, he replied.

The reason did not, as you might imagine, persuade the state trooper, though it rings true in the context of this poem. Bones speak to mortality and time, yes, but also the sun's impossible power. The sun is beautiful, in part, because it threatens to social theories destroy us, which is the very definition of the Rilkean sublime. The sun's radii constitute the first half of this poem's title (they stretch toward that mouth/bones), while the sun's direction (westward) gives the house poem the semblance of an arc. Radi os finds a new god in the sun. Take the following lines from O II, the sparsest plate in the project: the radiant sun. These eight, brief linesI count eighteen syllables and fourteen wordscome close to being vispo while still holding themselves together with the scantest of semantic glue. It is, in fact, those final three words (the radiant sun') that keep the effects lyric intact. Why? Perhaps because those three words constitute, as I read them, the subject of sparknotes a dolls house this stuttering, periodic sentence.

We might iron out the enjambments and fix the syntax like so: the radiant sun rose throughin the shape [of, and] as of [and] above therising rose . This gloss makes the plate's two puns apparent. Age Effects. Pun #1: rose . The word here refers to both the flower and the sun's rising, thus marrying the sunrise with its effect: blooming flowers. Pun #2: the falling syntax . Though Johnson's radiant sun semantically rises , it visually sets, appearing only at the bottom of the page, leaving a trail of definite articles ( the ) and prepositions ( in, above, through, of ) in its wake. So many flimsy, sputtering words, so much weight they're asked to bear: why? The simplest answer, as I read it, is sparknotes a dolls house this: by emphasizing our language's most forgettable words (prepositions, articles) Johnson illustrates how language, like all else, derives from the sun. I'm thinking here of Stevens who concludes The Man on the Dump with Where was it one first heard the truth? The the. The truth, as Stevens enigmatically puts it, is in our language itself and about Nervosa, its capacity for imagination, in the the . Like Stevens, Johnson here allows articles and prepositions to becomebeing signifiers that lack any real signifiedmetonyms for language itself. They speak not of things but of the sparknotes a dolls house joy in speaking things.

Just as the words the radiant sun' hold this sentence together, the sun itself holds life and its many languages together, the syntax replicating an order Johnson sees in the natural world. And yet to speak of the sun is to stutterhence the enjambed prepositionsparalyzed with awe. As in the Duino Elegies , there is rhetorical effects a beauty that is nothing / but the beginning of terror (Mitchell translation), that would leave us desiccated as a steer's skull on a dolls house a Montana back road. I love Johnson's odd little lyric here, seemingly slight until you bend down, read closely, and The Impact of Relative Age Effects Educational Attainments Essay, let your nose bump the page. I love it more when I dig back into sparknotes a dolls house the Milton and pull the Two Case scene from which it's spun. This is Satan's Hell counsel (Book II, 448-92). That counsel is a rich exercise in sparknotes a dolls house, windbaggery and cant.

It is role of women a political theater really, orchestrated by Satan to decide, with a veneer of democracy, what he and a dolls, Belial have already decided: that Satan is gonna sneak into role of women Earth and spoil Man's fun. The contrast is perfect: from empty rhetoric, cynical and sparknotes house, self-assured, Johnson spins his sunset, so gaspingly beautiful that he can barely conjugate a verb. It was during Milton's lifetime that we came to understand the sun's cosmic centrality. We can thank Galileo, whom Milton met in social theories, Florence in 1638, for this little revelation. Radi os extends that realization further: the sun is the source for our trees, paper, air, ink, language, and sparknotes house, life. Privacy And Security Issues In Data Mining Essay. In the better regions of our fragile blue marblea term coined by the Apollo 17 astronauts, who took the famous blue marble photo four years before Johnson wrote Radi os that sun appears more often, the house air is Age Effects Educational Essay clearer, the trees taller, and the life, as they say, is good.

For many easterly situated Americans that chosen region is sparknotes a dolls California. The sun lures them toward it, as it did Ronald Johnson and Radi os . Johnson, a gay man from the American plains, was once asked, Why do you think so many writers and artists of your generation were born in role of women, Kansas? (Alpert interview). His answer? Everybody wanted to get to Oz and sparknotes a dolls, San Francisco is. As with O'Leary's question about social theories pronunciation, Johnson answers obliquely. Alpert wants to know about sparknotes house Johnson's Dorothy origins. Johnson, however, elides Kansas and the plains to talk about direction instead. He has always already been on the move. Here's why: . as a child you lived in such a bleak atmosphere, it was so dry and hot, in Kansas, and it was hard to Privacy Issues in Data Mining Essay grow things. House. And I'd always imagined a garden, just a little garden, and effects, I did manage to pave the sparknotes house back with bricks and things like that, but it never looked like anything.

It always looked like you were in the middle of the prairies. (O'Leary interview) And so Johnson, who is quite literally in search of greener pasture, finds his way to San Francisco. Social Theories. There are then a series of house gardens and exiles, of paradises lost and new ones found, that constitute Radi os . Adam and Eve have (and lose) their prelapsarian paradise. European settlers discover (and despoil) their American Eden. They spread out, Johnson's ancestors among them. Effects. They build bleak, Kansan gardens. They don't stop till they find a new garden on their farthest western shore. Such is the history of colonial expansion, drivenone might argueby the house need to resettle a fabled land we still feel considerable guilt over losing.(4) Lost Eden leads to the Trail of Tears. And yet it also leads to Essay on Baroque Period General an American city that, in 1976, welcomes sexual exiles instead of creating them.

I'm thinking of course of San Francisco, how it is conceived as a latter-day Eden, and how Johnson's poem, at least in part, gives a subtle nod to SF's history of gay liberation. Johnson reverses Milton's Fall. We can see this as Radi os draws to sparknotes house a close: All seasons and their change; Here Johnson not only compels his neighbors, in their Californian paradise, to taste the social theories fruit [o]f that forbidden tree, but to taste all fruit, all time, / All seasons and their change. House. It is an invitation fitting for San Francisco, where the Essay General city's farmers' markets stay open all year, and one can more easily identify the house season by the produce on offer than the weather above. Moreover, Johnson extends the offer to men and women alike. Role Of Women. The plate above begins with Adam warning Eve away from the tree and ends with Eve's famous (and acquiescent) response, excerpted below: Unargued I obey; so God ordains,

God is a dolls thy law, thou mine: to know no more. Is woman's happiest knowledge and in Data Essay, her praise. With thee conversing I forget all time . All seasons and their change , all please alike. (IV. 636-40) These lines, so frequently (and justifiably) cited by feminist critics, provide the sharpest of contrastsJohnson replaces the truly patriarchal with the sensuously pagan. Let us know / all of it, Johnson says, tempting ourselves to indulge just as Adam and Eve were tempted to know knowledge itself. The only difference, of course, is that we'll not be asked to leave when we're done.

Such is the Edenic promise of San Francisco (which Radi os alludes to), though the city retains (as Johnson notes in his interview) an illusory, Oz-like quality too. The two tropes are not entirely synonymous, and for house my money Johnson gets it more right, years later, when he calls the Essay about Two Case of Anorexia Nervosa city Oz from sparknotes a dolls afar. My preference for Oz here is purely personal. Though I began this essay while living in San Francisco, I finished it in Oregon. The motivations behind my flight are various, but principal among them was how inconvenient, overpriced, and unwelcoming the Bay City has become to those of us with children. Children, of course, are the one demographic that still believes in red slippers, tin men, and yellow brick roads. Check the statistics: SF's under-eighteen population is the The Impact of Relative Age Effects Educational Essay lowest of any big city in a dolls, the nation. Its Technicolor dream can seduce you, living in Privacy and Security Issues in Data, Ohio or Kansas, but will also force a reassessment on your way out.

The rainbow painted over house, the Waldo Tunnel, just north of the Golden Gate Bridge, is there for precisely that purpose. More than once I remember thinking, as I sped (or crawled) through it: There's no place like home . and thank God this is not it. 5Between the 2005 Flood Editions Covers. When Flood Editions rereleased Radi os it first appeared with Sand Dollar Books (Berkeley, California) in 1977they had the good sense to conceal more than reveal. Google that edition, or pull your copy from the social theories bookshelf.

Now take a long look at the cover. On the front you'll find indiscriminate vegetation, detailed from a watercolor. House. Here's a clump of globular berries; there's a snaking, faded frond. The back is more amorphous, all peach tones and tans, downnright shapeless till we pull back for a second glance. Social Theories. It's a woman, actually, nude and three-quarters turned. Sparknotes A Dolls. She leans into a companion, almost certainly a man. Social Theories. The source for both images is William Blake's Satan Watching the Endearments of Adam and Eve . Google that image now and ask yourself: what's missing from the frame? It is a question we constantly ask of Radi os itself. The answer is simple: gone is Satan, piloting his little serpent Cessna over Eden. Gone, too, are the lovers' faces, their future shame, and any Fall.

The cover then is like Johnson's approach to Paradise Lost , which is itself rather like the corrosive etching Blake used to create his famous illuminated books. Joseph Viscomi describes Blake as tracing his design with a needle through an sparknotes house, acid-resistant [surface], then covering that surface with acid that burned down to the copper plate below. The line left over was his design. Johnson's erasure updates and simplifies the process: in lieu of social theories acid he wields a black marker; in a dolls house, lieu of copper he has an 1892 edition of Paradise Lost . Thus the cleverness of the Flood Editions design. Essay On Baroque. Not only does the a dolls house front cover reproduce Johnson's line of about Two Case Nervosa influence but layersthrough title, author, and illustrationthe palimpsest project as a whole. Johnson's name covers Blake's watercolor, which itself glosses Milton's Paradise Lost . Jeff Clark, the designer, haslike Blake and sparknotes a dolls, Johnsonlearned how to make new meaning through quotation and excerption. Role Of Women. The front cover (fronds and a dolls, berries) speaks to our gustatory hungers, the back cover (nudes) to our sexual lust. Together they testify to the belief, as repeatedly enacted in Radi os , that, if we only look closely enough, we can make a text say almost anything we want. I suppose it's passé to be enamored with a book's cover. A certain aphorism comes glaringly to mind.

And yet writers today obsess over how their books look , and Essay about Two Case, scholars long ago acknowledged a text is its peritext as well. With that in mind, the Flood Editions cover does more than introduce its poem: it participates in its method while forrwarding one of sparknotes a dolls house its chief themes. Privacy Issues In Data Essay. It is a theme that Eric Selingerthe best reader of the sparknotes a dolls poem to The Impact of Relative Age Effects Educational Essay datepunningly paraphrases: in Radi os the Miltonic sentence is abandoned and the divine sentence that stands behind it too. Radi os reminds us of a lot of readerly acts. Think, for instance, about that novel on a dolls your nightstand and the momentit happens every nightwhen the characters blur, the (1600-1750) General Background scene wobbles, and a dreamy asphasia settles over the page. If you're lucky, you click the light off and close the book before you're fully out.

Radi os 's white spaces, its disjunctive syntax, replicate that middle distance between reading and sparknotes, sleep. Or think instead, as Beachy-Quick has, about the sense of incompletion that follows any literary encounter: [a]n honest reader sees only what she sees, hears only what she hears and does not claim an attention that encompasses all. Social Theories. No such attention exists. In his characterization, Radi os represents the after-image of house reading, and the retentionspotty, subjective, slipperythat we carry from the last page. Rhetorical Effects. Radi os is a dolls one man's selective retention from Period (1600-1750) General Background one reading of Paradise Lost . Or we might turn toward an odder, uniquely American style of reading as a Radi os touchstone: speed-reading, that homegrown hucksterism offering its proponents a get-smart-quick path to a dolls house success. The year Radi os was published Jimmy Carter held speed-reading classes in the White House. Two Case Studies Of Anorexia. More than a decade earlier JFK claimed he read 1,200 words per minute.

And when Evelyn Wood, the American schoolteacher who coined the term speed-reading, started marketing her Reading Dynamics in sparknotes, 1958, she boasted of a 2,500-words-per-minute readerhe had outstanding recall and about Two Case Studies of Anorexia, comprehensionwhose success stemmed directly from her methods. The whole scheme's seemingly as familiar to an eighteenth-century Ben Franklin as a twentieth-century entrepreneur. One question, though, persists: does any of it work? Apparently not, as Ronald Carver, the author of Reading Rate: A Review of Research and Theory , would prove. Speed-reading is just a form of skimming, and skimmingwith its loss of sparknotes retention and comprehensionisn't reading at all. The Kennedy claim is equally bogus. It can be traced to an off-the-cuff comment made to a Time magazine reporter; it's PR puffery, a boast. And Security. Carver guesses that Kennedy, like the best of us, could read no more than five- to six-hundred words a minute. To read Radi os within this context is not, of course, to believe Johnson earnestly embraced this fad's possibilities.

He is not known to house have been a speed-reader, and as a poetwriting in effects, the genre that most frequently asks you to a dolls house slow downaccelerating your work's reception seems innately counterproductive. But Johnson does have a sense of Essay on Baroque (1600-1750) General humor, and house, Radi os pursues irreverence in both senses of the word: comic, irreligious. Milton is the poet we most associate with reverence, and Johnson admits to beginning the project because I thought it would be funny. Milton, however, is not the only butt of the joke. Radi os , on Essay one level, mockingly enacts a speed-read of Paradise Lost , but instead of yielding a CliffsNotes version of the epic, Johnson presents his reader a harder, more esoteric poem. Johnson thus skewers Jimmy Carter, Evelyn Wood, and the average American speed-reader too. But as Johnson continued to a dolls house work on on Baroque Radi os he realized there was more than the comic at play: I decided you don't tamper with Milton to be funny. You have to be serious. His initial gimmick revealed actual poetic matter, and he turnedI would argueto the a dolls house unique residue left when one begins to smartly skim Paradise Lost . So what exactly does this serious speed-read yield? The answer: a host of breathtaking images.

Or as Johnson puts it, procuring Adam's voice for an ars poetica: I will bring thee / image / Under watery image. These lines, and the erasure method to on Baroque Period (1600-1750) General Background which they refer, remind me of a dolls house something I once heard Anne Carson say: Words are funny things. Two Case. You can't use them without saying something. Carson's comment speaks to the potential randomness of meaning-making and sparknotes a dolls house, the way in whichwhen rubbing words together, any wordsyou'll inevitably create more than the Essay sum of their parts. Johnson's erasure is, of course, anything but random. And yet he teases us with the possibilities of chance. As he writes in O II: Eternal / embryon atoms / as the sands / warring winds, and poise / adhere / a moment: / Chance governs all (emphasis mine).

This is part of a dolls house a managed allure, a hint at the possibilities of what skimming (i.e. speed-reading) might yield. Or, to put it another way: skimming a book doesn't just save you time but lets you rub unlikely words and about, phrases together, in the process. You gamble on the hope that what you wanta phrase, a plot twist, a namewill reveal itself in a flash, though you frequently uncover something else altogether. This is how Johnson fashions such wonderful images in Radi os , though it is house also, I would argue, very like the mental act of completing a metaphor. Such compositional moments ask you to stop with half a trope on the page (usually the tenor), then skim your brain for whatever vehicle comes along. Two Case Studies. Will you find an image sufficiently unlike the tenor to make the comparison startle? Will the process take a moment or a year? This is, even for a dolls the most formal of The Impact of Relative Age Effects Educational Attainments poets who would never leave a line to chance, an inherently aleatory act. All poets are like hitchhikers; they're forever at the mercy of what imagination sends hurtling down the road. Johnson's methodteasingly aleatory yet entirely plannedsimply narrows the field of possibilities from which his images can spring.

The best parts of the poem are often snaking, appositional metaphors. The reason for sparknotes house this is simple: the act of skimming Paradise Lost very closely mimics all our acts, as poets, of hunting for the perfect metaphor. Here's an example from the end of O III: are all his works, I read what follows works as a series of and Security Issues in Data Mining Essay new names for works, creatingmuch like Pound's In a Station of the sparknotes Metroglimpses of fleeting likeness. It is metaphor upon metaphor, orin Johnson's wordsimage / Under watery image. And like Pound, punctuation or enjambment stands in for the verb or comparative word ( as or like ) that would otherwise make the figure move: The apparition of these faces in the crowd; / Petals on The Impact of Relative Educational Attainments a wet, black bough. Sparknotes A Dolls. Pound's poem aims to halt time, or (more precisely) to present two moments in simultaneous apposition. In Data Essay. Ergo: no verb. A Dolls. Johnson's own lyric, equally verbless, manages to pulse like a star. Look at the trajectory of the images: it moves from mind to infinitude confined to star. The first fits inside the rhetorical skull, the second holds all, and the star, strangely enough, falls somewhere between.

2As a Theory of Literary Relativity. In Nonbiological Clock: Literary History against Newtonian Mechanics (2003), Wai Chee Dimock argues that literature has until quite recently been experienced as a universe only loosely quantified by dates (emphasis mine). Regularized time didn't just change the world but changed how we read the ways we wrote the sparknotes world. Rhetorical Effects. We lost something, he goes on house to say, when we enforced synchronicity and seriality on our books. Dimock finds support for his theory that is worth perusing, in role of women, Blake's Milton . Citing Blake's imprecise dating of Milton's death ( Milton the poem, finished in 1810, puts big John in heaven for 100 years; it had actually been 136) and Blake's general belief that all eternity can be glimpsed in an instant, Dimock heralds Blake as a deserializer of time, a poet working against so-called Newtonian literary studies. Blake's conception of sparknotes a dolls literary history is not, in a noteworthy line, governed by the unidirectional passage of a single lifespan. As such, Blake anticipates, in his nudist enlightenment at Essay about Two Case Nervosa Felpham cottage, Einstein's theory of relativity. This all may be a little far-fetched for sparknotes a dolls some readers, but it's worth asking: what about social theories Ronald Johnson?

His tinkering with time outpaces Blake's, and his relation to a dolls house relativity is, well, more direct. Of Relative Age Effects Educational Attainments Essay. By 1977 Einstein had lived and died. Regarding his first pass through Paradise Lost , Johnson had this to say to Alpert: Oh I did just cute things, like at one point I rather liked the new Einstein stampit was an eight -cent stamp, which of course was a symbol of a dolls infinity. I thought that belonged [in the poem] and I put it in and a whole Einstein section followed. Studies Of Anorexia. Then I realized that I really wanted something elsethat the book was getting more interesting than little tricks like that.

You can see the stamp in Ronald Johnson: Life and Works (2008) and note how, in placing it over Milton's poem, Johnson rather crudely interrupts the narrative flow. Johnson thus had one of the generative ideas for Radi os to decenter time, to sparknotes render narrative moments relative, if not coexistentearly in his process, before he'd perfected his method. That would come in his erasure's approach to extended quotation and his presentation of the role of women poem as a collection of plates. Let's take quotation first. Sparknotes A Dolls. In its most common use, quotation brings another writer's voice momentarily into our poem. Role Of Women. We hear Milton's Satan (see PL IV.75) in Lowell's Skunk Hour admission that I myself am hell. Sparknotes A Dolls House. We hear newspapermen and pamphlet writers in on Baroque Period General, Marianne Moore.

This has the effect of bringing anachronistic voices into simultaneous song. Literary quotation then lets us call forth (like Odysseus with the dead) and experience (as per Dimock) a literary chorus more loosely quantified by sparknotes a dolls house, dates. Thus our need, in quoting literature through prose, to use the present tense. To say Milton writes in lieu of role of women Milton wrote acknowledges the now-ness of his poem and its simultaneity with our own work. Radi os , then, in taking quotation to its extremityit is sparknotes a dolls house both all Milton, and all Johnsonheightens that sense of effects literary simultaneity, and sparknotes a dolls house, does so with far more moxy than Blake. Radi os is the quintessential experiment in literary relativity, a conspicuous worm hole between 1674 and 1977. It argues that time and literary studies are relative and does so in the very way it presents its text.

In his preface Johnson calls each page an individual (and autonomous) plate. Elsewhere he refers to them as ideograms, andit should be noteddeliberately published the poem without page numbers when it first appeared. Seriality is notably muted. This isn't, of Privacy Issues Mining Essay course, to say that Johnson completely eschews narrative, or the whiff of narrative that lifts up from an erased Paradise Lost . As he tells Barry Alpert, I needed each page to stand as a kind of stanza but lead into the next one in a narrative sense. Sparknotes A Dolls House. He does, of effects course, sequence his unnumbered plates into four sections. Sparknotes. But whereas Milton and Blake write epics in Books, Johnson serializes in Oscircular and self-contained. Essay General. Movement toward a center, whether it's the sun or Milton's poem, trumps progression toward an sparknotes a dolls, end. Or as Johnson writes, Each on his rock transfixed, / all things at role of women one view? / then, live / at the spear / in time. Those last two words are key: we live in time , and not through it. We can see the sparknotes worldand how we write it at Essay Two Case Studies Nervosa one view . Throughout this essay I've proposed a variety of contexts that lead me to read Radi os as an essentially American poem: its instinct toward Western expansion, its flight from high culture and sexual repression, its belief in paradise (or Oz) beside the Bay. Johnson speed-reads in jest, entranced by a dolls house, the sunset, his FM radio on.

Guy Davenport calls him a true American forager, a fine label if incomplete. Johnson doesn't just excavate and social theories, recondition but flings off the trappings of sparknotes a dolls house history as he moves. Nicholas Lawrence has written that Johnson frequently made explicit his contrarian ambition to write an epic 'without history' but suffused with science and myth. The science we can see in the Einstein; the myth is present in his pagan sun. But it's this lack of historyflying in the face of a major Johnson influenceEzra Poundthat needs exploring. It goes a long way toward explaining how Radi os is an American poem. Pound famously defined an epic as a poem that includes history, then set about, in the Cantos , to write that poem. Such an epic would, he believed, succeed only when it changed history in Essay (1600-1750) General, real time. If it failed, it failed at the feet of world leaders, not in sparknotes a dolls house, book reviews or seminars or literati chit-chat. The Cantos then sought an impossible paradise, a world where poets didn't just know history but actively shaped it.

In the end Pound would concede defeat: I have tried to write Paradise / / Do not move / Let the wind speak / that is paradise. / / Let the Gods forgive what I / have made (Canto CXVII et seq). Johnson rejects such a paradise, serialized time, and history to boot, assembling a quasi-narrative epic from lyrics scraps. In the process he embraces an earlier, less-tainted Pound. Remember these lines from A Few Don'ts by an Imagiste (1913)? An image is the presentation of such a 'complex' instantaneously which gives that sense of Privacy and Security in Data Essay sudden liberation; that sense of freedom from time limits and space limits (emphasis mine). This Pound comes with an sparknotes a dolls, ahistorical component, seemingly free from time.

And it is this ahistorical urge, I would argue, that is uniquely American, for we as a nation substitute geography for history. We take our cues from the Privacy Issues Mining Essay land and not the past. It's a point I came to sparknotes a dolls learn one summer while talking to Essay on Baroque (1600-1750) a winery tour guide, a man whobored with his industry's pomp and prattlesimplified the difference between European and American wines like so: French vintners, because they own small, similar plots of land, obsess over tradition. They differentiate their product through compulsive processes, every pigeage recorded and passed down. Californians, however, just find new valleys. They differentiate their wine by where it's grown. Our westward travels then, in which Radi os engages, replace a history that is merely two hundred years old. Our life is in our land. Our song is on the radio speeding west.

Johnson knew this, writing as he did during the American Bicentennial. All around him the country cheered (or tried to) a national image so recently marred by sparknotes a dolls, Vietnam. We were finally making the mistakes of an empire and able to see ourselvesperhaps for the first time, perhaps because of our blunderagainst that succession of fallible empires that came before. On Baroque General. Self-reflection, on a national scale, is an innately historical act, and it wasn't kicking in. Parades, of sparknotes house course, do a lousy job of putting us in a reflective or historical frame of mind. In 1976 we should have set down our flags and asked the gods to forgive what we had made. Perhaps this is the rhetorical effects reason Johnson rejects parades as an early title for a dolls house Radi os . Or perhaps he just remembers Hearts and Issues in Data Mining, Minds , that scathing, Vietnam War expose that won an Oscar for Best Documentary in 1975. Sparknotes. It is a film I inevitably couple with this poem, closing as it does with a dysfunctional Fourth of social theories July parade.

There are fights, rhetorical grandstanding, and sparknotes, more than a few middle fingers. Social Theories. Antiwar protesters line the route, offering recrimination at every turn. Sparknotes A Dolls House. A clown-like Uncle Sam pleads with the dissenters to Come on, be happy! Everything isn't bad! Smile! We are facing history and are unhappy with what we find. The clown's assertionbaldly made and, moreover, discredited by the mayhem all aroundcalls to mind the social theories close of sparknotes Radi os : For proof look up, / And read / Where thou art. Johnson, unlike the marching clown, assumes we need a reason for Essay of Anorexia our happiness.

It ought to be conditioned on something more than cheer. At this juncture in American history, Johnson tells us, we must turn back to our landscapesunny, we hope, with little chance of rainto discover where thou art. Before we can grasp our new, problematic history we must remember our land. It's for this reason that he does not, in this poem, confront Vietnam or our original sin: slavery. He does not touch history at all. He does, however, import an archaism that forms a telling pun. We pull our art from our land, hoping that such art will help us live alongside our neighbors.

It is a hopeful line that, unlike a parade's heedless forward motion, believes in turning things around. 1 It's fitting that Johnson did not invent the sparknotes house erasure, per se. Johnson knew Tom Phillips, whose The Humument (1967) erases W. H. Privacy Mining Essay. Mallock's forgotten Victorian novel, A Human Document (1892). Each individual page of prose becomes, in Phillips's hands, a full-color illustration. The publication dates, as Peter O'Leary notes, seem to put Phillips' work before Johnson's, but they belong to sparknotes a dolls house the same moment, emerging from a similar impulse (e-mail correspondence). 2 I'm thankful (again) to Peter O'Leary for informing me that BEAM 17 was inspired by (1600-1750) General, Orphée . For the sparknotes house importance of the Essay on Baroque Period (1600-1750) Background Orphean myth to Johnson, see the poet's Note to a dolls house ARK : My central myth is that of Orpheus and Eurydice, the social theories blessed argument between poet and muse, man and sparknotes a dolls house, his anima. 3 Nicholas Lawrence has tried two abbreviated B-sides of Radi os: PARSE LOT and Adi os . Other titles might include Pad Lot or P ost . Rhetorical Effects. The latter seems silly until we remember that Johnson began Radi os by blocking out text with an eight-cent Einstein stamp. 4 Two points: Frost wincingly describes American colonialism in sparknotes a dolls house, The Gift OutrightThe land was ours before we were the social theories land'sa poem he would later read at Kennedy's inauguration. Derek Walcott has said that a Navajo hymn would have been more appropriate. He's right.

The truest line in the poem is the sparknotes house only one couched in a parenthetical: The deed of gift was many deeds of war. For San Francisco as an rhetorical, earthly paradise, replete with its Fall, see Richard Rodriguez's essay on the AIDS crisis: Late Victorians. Alpert, Barry. Ronald JohnsonAn Interview. Ronald Johnson: Life and sparknotes house, Works . Ed. Joel Bettridge and Eric Selinger. Orono, Maine: National Poetry Foundation, 2008.

545-60. Beachy-Quick, Dan. The Speaking Ear. Social Theories. Boston Review , 2006. http://bostonreview.net/BR31.2/beachyquick.php Blake, William. Milton. A Poem.

William Blake: The Complete Illuminated Books . Sparknotes. London: Thames and Hudson, 2000. Carver, Ronald P. Reading Rate: A Review of Research and Theory . San Diego: Academic Press, 1990. Davenport, Guy. An Afterword. Radi os . Chicago: Flood Editions, 2005.

93-105. Dimock, Wai Chee. Nonbiological Clock: Literary History Against Newtonian Mechanics. South Atlantic Quarterly. Effects. 102.1 (2003): 153-77. Folsom, Ed.

Whispering Whitman to the Ears of Others: Ronald Johnson's Recipe for Leaves of Grass. Sparknotes. The Continuing Presence of Walt Whitman: The Life after the rhetorical effects Life. Ed. Robert Martin. Iowa City: U ofIowa P, 1992. 82-92. Holmes, Janet. A Dolls. THE MS OF M Y KIN. Bristol, UK: Shearsman Books, 2009.

Johnson, Ronald. Radi os . Chicago: Flood Editions, 2005. ---. Effects. Radi os . Berkeley: Sand Dollar Books, 1977. --- The American Table: More Than 400 Recipes That Make Accessible for sparknotes the First Time the Full Richness of Privacy Issues Mining American Regional Cooking . House. Silver Spring, Maryland: Silver Spring Books, 2000. Lawrence, Nicholas. Ronald Johnson's Radi os : A Report on Method. Mining. Ronald Johnson: Life and Works . Ed. Joel Bettridge and Eric Selinger. Orono, Maine: National Poetry Foundation, 2008.

281-9l. Milton, John. Paradise Lost. 2nd ed. A Dolls House. Ed. Scott Elledge. New York: Norton, 1975. O'Leary, Peter. Ronald Johnson Interview, Nov. 19, 1995. Ronald Johnson: Life and Works. Ed.

Joel Bettridge and Eric Selinger. Orono, Maine: National Poetry Foundation, 2008.561-86. Phillips, Tom and W H. Mallock. Role Of Women. A Humument: A Treated Victorian Novel. London: Thames and Hudson, 1980. Pound, Ezra. The Cantos of sparknotes house Ezra Pound.

New York: New Directions, 1996. ---. Privacy Issues Mining Essay. The Literary Essays of sparknotes a dolls Ezra Pound . New York: New Directions, 1968. Rilke, Rainer Maria. Duino Elegies and The Sonnets to Orpheus . Role Of Women. Ed. and a dolls house, trans. Stephen Mitchell. New York: Vintage Books, 1982. Rodriguez, Richard.

Days of Obligation: An Argument with My Mexican Father . New York: Penguin, 1993. Selinger, Eric. 'I Compose the Holes': Reading Ronald Johnson's Radi os . Contemporary Literary Review. 33.1 (Spring 1992): 46-73. Stevens, Wallace. Role Of Women. The Collected Poems . New York: Vintage Books, 1990. Viscomi, Joseph. Sparknotes. Illuminated Printing. The Cambridge Companion to William Blake.

Ed. Essay Two Case Studies Of Anorexia Nervosa. Morris Eaves. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 2003. Derek Mong is the author of Other Romes (Saturnalia Books, 2011); the sparknotes house poetry editor at Mantis: A Journal of Poetry, Criticism, Translation ; and a doctoral candidate at Stanford where he’s finishing his dissertation on Whitman and Dickinson. A former Axton Poetry Fellow at role of women the University of Louisville and Halls Poetry Fellow at the University of Wisconsin, he is the recipient of the Jeffrey E. Smith Editors’ Prize from the Missouri Review and house, two Hopwood Awards. His poetry, translations, and criticism have appeared in Poetry Northwest , The Kenyon Review, TriQuarterly, The Southern Review , Pleiades , The Cincinnati Review, and Asymptote.

He lives in Portland, Oregon with his wife and son. On Baroque (1600-1750) Background. www.derekmong.com. Managing Editor: Abigail Wadsworth Serfass. Copyright 2015 by sparknotes a dolls house, Derek Mong. All rights reserved. Reproduced by Privacy and Security in Data Mining, Poetry Daily with permission.

For previous PD Prose Features, visit our Prose Archive.

Order Essay - Spark Notes a Doll s House: Henrik Ibsen: 9781586634599

Academic Proofreading - Spark Notes a Doll s House: Henrik Ibsen: 9781586634599

MLA Essay Format: Help with Writing Your Essay. MLA (Modern Language Association) style is sparknotes a dolls house used in writing custom essays, research and term papers in many fields. MLA essay format is most widely used in the field of role of women, humanities and liberal arts. The Modern Language Association recommendations to formatting essays were updated in 2009. Among the new rules of formatting, the Works Cited or References list is the requirement of indicating the medium of publication for every cited source.

It could be a Print source for books and articles or a Web source for on-line sources. MLA referencing can be a bit confusing because it can be used with either Chicago/Turabian style footnotes or APA / Harvard style in-text referencing. Since it can be used with either one, the writer must choose which reference style to use. In MLA formats, using in-text referencing is the more popular choice. A Dolls! By doing this, in-text references will be provided, as will the source list at the end of the essay. However, if you use footnotes instead of in-text citations, you may be allowed to do without Bibliography page. You may follow MLA template to easily adjust your paper to rhetorical effects format requirements. Following this MLA template you may easily accustom your paper to MLA format requirements . You can use the MLA template for making your work look like a professional one.

The text in MLA style essay format is typed with a double space. This rule concerns the sparknotes house basic text of your essay, along with the Privacy in Data Essay formatting of a dolls, in-text citations and the Works Cited page. 12-font size is preferable. Times New Roman or any other standard typeface is used in the MLA format essay . One-inch margins are used on all sides of your essay, research or term paper. Remember that the headings in the MLA essay format are no longer underlined. According to Privacy and Security Issues the recommendations of the Modern Language Association, the headings have to be italicized or typed in bold. The first line of each paragraph has to be indented a half inch from the left side. You should put page numbers at sparknotes a dolls house, the top, and justify it to the right. It is not a mandatory requirement, but it is social theories recommended that you type your last name before the page number, if the paper is several pages.Using this MLA template for Word simply change the editable fields and follow the guidelines within the text.

Here you may find an sparknotes, example of proper MLA essay formatting. While citing a book, periodical, electronic source, etc. in an essay written in social theories MLA style , you should provide a reference after each citation. Otherwise, it would be seen as plagiarism, which is absolutely unacceptable. Sparknotes House! The same concerns indirect in-text references. Be very attentive while formatting your essay. Remember that your research may fail if MLA citations are formatted in an improper way. The following rules must be observed while writing an on Baroque Period (1600-1750), essay in MLA style.

Short citations If a citation used in the text of sparknotes, a MLA style essay is short, it should be indicated in double quotation marks. Role Of Women! At the end of the citation, you have to state the authors name and the page number where the MLA citations are from in the text. This information should be enclosed in round brackets (parenthesis) . Example : If you want to quote from a book Greenmantle of John Buchan from sparknotes a dolls 1916. The Impact Of Relative Educational Attainments Essay! It will look like this: There never has been, and sparknotes a dolls there never could be a real Superman But there might be a Superwoman (Buchan 154). Note : there is no comma or full stop between the authors last name and page number. In cases when the author of a book has been already mentioned in the sentence , just indicate the rhetorical page number in reference.

Example: As Buchan wrote There never has been, and there never could be a real Superman But there might be a Superwoman (154). Long citations. When a citation takes more than three lines of a typed text, it is called a long citation and has to a dolls house be placed separately from Essay about Studies of Anorexia Nervosa a new line. Quotation marks are not used in sparknotes a dolls this case. However, the authors name and the page number should still be indicated in and Security in Data round brackets. Example: One of the characters in Kiplings novel Kim describes the Mutiny in the following way: A madness ate into all the Army, and they turned against sparknotes their officers. Essay Studies Of Anorexia! That was the first evil, but not past remedy if they had then held their hands. But they chose to kill the Sahibs wives and children.

Then came the Sahibs from over the sea and called them to most strict account (Kipling 77). Reducing of citation If the original citation in a MLA essay is sparknotes a dolls house reduced or you simply omit some words in the cited sentence, you should place three periods in place of those words. The omitting of words in role of women MLA citations is used in cases when you are directly interested in only part of the statement of the author in the original source, which is located in the middle of the quoted sentence. In this situation, you can preserve the key information and sparknotes a dolls omit the details that you do not need. Example: Lawrence was compared to a caliph . . . who had stepped out from the pages of The Arabian nights (Thomas 16) Adding information . Role Of Women! In the sparknotes house MLA essay , it is allowable to role of women add your own commentaries or notes within MLA citations, but they should be enclosed in square brackets. Example: When discussing civil rights, it is hard to not mention Martin Luther King Jr., who was a man who was passionate about the sparknotes words of the Emancipation Proclamation: a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed the Emancipation Proclamation.

This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of Essay (1600-1750), hope to millions of Negro slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice (King 813). More than one source of reference If you cite more than one book in a sentence of sparknotes, a MLA essay , then at the end of the sentence indicate in brackets all references, dividing them with a semicolon. Example : David Lloyd George characterized Lord Kitchener as a a controversial figure who was admired as a legend of the British empire, to whom the Orient added its greatness, but at the same time as a man whose brain has dried out social theories, under the hot sun of the desert (15; 47). Books with no author mentioned When you cite this type of work, indicate the title in italics and the page number in the parenthesis. Example: As stated by a dolls the presidential commission (Report 4) In-text citations in social theories a MLA essay usually provide brief information about the reference and they have to correspond to the information indicated in the Works Cited list at the end of sparknotes a dolls house, essay. To get detailed information about the formatting of Works Cited list in a MLA style read the paragraph devoted to MLA Works Cited List Format at P rof E ssays.com.

The formatting of your research or term paper may become rather difficult. In the MLA format essay, both the footnotes and social theories in-text citations may be used. Sparknotes A Dolls! If you are not sure which you should choose, you may ask for effects, professional help from P rof E ssays.com. Our writers are ready to house assist you in writing and formatting your MLA essay, 24 hours a day/7 days a week. P rof E ssays.com is just one click away when you want to order a custom essay, research or term paper that will comply with all your requirements. The process of gathering and formatting the information for your custom essay, research or term paper is quite exhausting. Improper formatting of citations may spoil the social theories results of your hard work. Order you paper at P rof E ssays.com and be sure to get a custom essay, research or term paper that will correspond to the latest recommendations of formatting a MLA Style Essay P rof E ssays.com is sparknotes house a custom essay writing service provider that will guide you in writing your MLA format essay . Be sure that our custom essay will correspond to all requirements of formatting both in-text citations with the Works Cited List and footnotes. P rof E ssays.com is the best place to Essay buy MLA format essays of the highest quality. The title page in the MLA essay format is not compulsory, so when there is no special requirement of writing it, never do it. However, there are specific requirements to the first page in MLA essay.

Learn how to format your MLA Title Page properly with us. Type your name, the name of your instructor, the title of the course and the date in a dolls the upper left-hand corner of the first page. The title of your essay should be indicated within a double spaced interval in the middle of the social theories title page. Remember that the title of your MLA essay is never underlined, italicized or enclosed in quotation marks. The text of your MLA essay comes next to the title with a double space. If your instructor asked you to sparknotes a dolls house write an MLA title page , then you should comply with all the rules of formatting the cover page in Essay on Baroque Period (1600-1750) General Background a MLA style. MLA Format Outline (Click on Image to Enlarge) There might be a working outline , that is usually done and sparknotes even submitted before writing an essay and a final outline that is submitted together with the essay. Needless to say that both can be done in MLA format . MLA outline should be done on Essay (1600-1750) Background, a separate page. The title of the essay should be typed at sparknotes a dolls house, the top of the page and centered. Introduction and conclusion are numbered in the MLA format outline . Use different types of Privacy and Security in Data Mining, numbers/letters for different levels of sparknotes, MLA outline . If you want to reflect your sub-points in MLA outline , remember that the section of outline cant have only one sub-section.

So, logic requires that at each level of the outline if you have sub-section A in Essay of Anorexia your paper, you need to sparknotes have a B; or if you have point 1, you need point 2, etc. MLA Works Cited List Format (Click on role of women, Image to Enlarge) The detailed information about the author, the title, the year of publication, the publishing house and a dolls the overall number of pages in Essay about of Anorexia Nervosa a book, periodical, etc. is provided at sparknotes, the end of Privacy in Data Mining Essay, your research in house the part called Works Cited, References or Bibliography. The MLA format sets specific rules of formatting the Issues Mining Essay Woks Cited list. Every essay or manuscript written in MLA style has to implement these rules. All books, periodicals, electronic sources, etc. in cited within the MLA essay format must be arranged in alphabetical order by sparknotes a dolls the last name of the author. In cases when there is no author, the references must be listed alphabetically by their titles. When you are citing several books by the same author , arrange them in the Works cited list alphabetically by their title. When you do the references of this kind, you should put the authors last name in Essay Two Case Studies of Anorexia front of his first name which shouldnt be shortened. The title of the book is listed after the authors name, and house then the rhetorical place of publication, the publishing house and the year of publication.

Do not forget to italicize the title of a book. Example: Buchan, John. Greenmantle. London: Abacus, 1916. Print. Note: According to a dolls the update in 2009 for the rules of formatting MLA style essays, the medium of effects, publication has to be represented too (for example, print or web sources). Referencing a publications of several authors. When you deal with a book that has more than one author, the name of the sparknotes a dolls house first author in the MLA essay format must be inverted and the names of the second and the third ones have to be placed in the direct order. So be attentive to how you place the first name and then only the last name of the second author.

In cases when there are more than three authors of the book, you can choose to list all names in the Works Cited list of and Security Issues in Data, your MLA essay or just indicate the inverted name of the first author and add et al . Example: Lowi, Theodore, Benjamin Ginsberg, and Steve Jackson. Analyzing American Government: American Government, Freedom and Power. 3rd ed. A Dolls! New York: Norton, 1994. Role Of Women! Print. Some books are published by organizations, commissions, associations, committees and other corporate authors. When there is no single author distinguished on the cover page of a book, put the name of the corporate organization in the first place.

Example : Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art. A Guide to the Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art, Cornell University. A Dolls House! Ithaca, NY: Cornell U, 1973. Print. Referencing newspaper/journal articles. The formatting of newspaper articles in a MLA essay differs a lot from the formatting of cited books. The general scheme of citing a newspaper article is the following: at first you should indicate the authors inverted name, then the Privacy and Security Issues in Data Mining Essay title of article enclosed in double quotation marks, then the title of newspaper, magazine, journal or any other periodical, then the day, month and sparknotes year of about Nervosa, publication, followed by the number of pages. Sparknotes A Dolls! Additionally, the medium of the publication has to be indicated in social theories the Works Cited list in regards to a dolls house the MLA style. Example : Smith, Lewis. Leading scientist urges teaching of creationism in schools. The Times. London, 2008, Sept 12.

6. Effects! Print. Note: Do not forget that while you are listing a book cited in your MLA essay, you have to house italicize the title of a book, and in the case of a periodical, italicize the title of the periodical and not the title of the article. The month of publication has to be abbreviated (For example, Jan., Dec., etc.). Only May, June and The Impact Age Effects Educational July are never abbreviated. The qualified writers of P rof E ssays.com will help you to format your MLA essay according to the adopted rules. The general rules of formatting on-line sources in MLA style written essays coincides with that established to formatting books and periodicals.

The former requirement of sparknotes a dolls, representing the URL address of cited on-line source is simplified in the last edition of the Two Case Studies MLA format rules. However, if your instructor still wants to sparknotes see the URL in your MLA format reference list, you may include this information. The URL has to be indicated as additional information after the authors name, article title, publishers name and year of edition. On Baroque Period! Some on-line sources may not provide all the above-mentioned information. In such cases, list the available information. When indicating the medium of publishing, put Web for on-line sources. Example : MLA Format: Help with Writing Your Essay. ProffEssays.com.. 2011, January. http://www.professays.com/info/mla-essay-format/ . House! Web. Note: Be sure the on-line source provides reliable information that will not mislead you. The preference in the choice of on-line sources is given to the official web sites of role of women, organizations, associations, libraries, museums, art galleries, etc.

URL is indicated in sparknotes house angle brackets. P rof E ssays.com can easily assist you in writing and formatting MLA essays . Our professional writers always use reliable sources of information and format MLA essay in accordance with the standard rules. Though the preferable format of a MLA essay includes the in-text citation, the Footnotes and Endnotes may still be used in the custom essay, research or term paper that is written in the MLA style. Footnotes and Endnotes are marked out in the text by Arabic numbers in superscript. The footnotes are indicated at the foot of every page and the endnotes are indicated at the end of your paper on a separate page. Custom essay writing service providers, such as P rof E ssays.com , will help you to role of women format the MLA footnotes and endnotes and to write an sparknotes a dolls house, excellent custom essay, research or term paper. Please do not confuse headings with a header ! A header with authors name is typed next to the page number at the top of each page. While heading refer to the title of your paper and the the titles of its sections. MLA does not have strict regulations regarding the use of headings, just some general norms: The headings of the social theories MLA essay are usually typed in house same font and size as the rest of the paper, however you are free to italicize them or type in bold. The title of the MLA paper should be centered.

Each word in the title should start with a capital letter. Social Theories! All headings of the sparknotes house sections in MLA essay should be numbered, including Introduction and Conclusion .

Order Essays Online Cheap - A Doll s House Summary from LitCharts | The creators of SparkNotes

Order Essay Writing from Our Custom Essay Writing Service - Spark Notes a Doll s House: Henrik Ibsen: 9781586634599

8 Ways to Make a Great First Impression at an Interview. Sparknotes A Dolls. Katie Douthwaite Wolf. Nervosa. When youre prepping for an interview, your focus is probably on sparknotes house, the tough questions youll face , the thorough responses youll give, and the professional-yet-slightly-witty anecdotes youll tell. After all, thats what the role of women, bulk of the interview is sparknotes a dolls house aboutand what will (hopefully) get you a fast pass to an offer letter. Essay About Two Case Studies. But before you even get the sparknotes, chance to Period (1600-1750) General Background, deliver those impeccably thought-out answers, youll already have all eyes on you, evaluating your potential to fit the job and the company. From the a dolls, moment you walk in the door, the pressures on: You have to make a stellar first impression. Before you head into your next interview, check out these eight tips to make sure youre presenting yourself in the right light and setting yourself up for the most successful interview possible. Youve heard it a million times: If youre early, youre on time; if youre on role of women, time, youre late. Being punctual should be a given especially when your dream job is on the line. But no matter how many times youve heard it, its worth mentioning again: Show up on time. Running late?

Call as soon as possible to let your interviewers know. A Dolls. Theyll appreciate it much more than if you offer up a lame excuse after they've already been waiting for 30 minutes. Your appearance probably wont be the basis of the on Baroque Period General, interviewers final decisionbut it can certainly play a part in how youre first perceived . When you show up in a neatly pressed suit and scuff-less shoes with a portfolio in tow, youll come across as professional and well put-together. Sparknotes. If, on rhetorical effects, the other hand, youre dressed down a few notches more casual than everyone else in sparknotes a dolls house the office, juggling your briefcase, purse, umbrella, and a stack of resumes, youre probably not going to exude the same sense of professionalism. A jolt of caffeine may be necessary for you to get pumped up for your impending meeting, but dont bring your paper cup inside the rhetorical effects, office to finish off the last few sips. Sure, it doesnt seem like a huge deal (who doesnt drink coffee in the workplace?)but you probably dont want your first interaction with your potential employer (or even the receptionist) to sparknotes a dolls house, be anything along the lines of, Hey, you got a trash can back there? The same goes for other non-essentials, like the granola bar youre polishing off or the gum you forgot to spit out. They may not be the kiss of about Two Case Studies, deathbut theyre not going to put you in the most favorable light. Sparknotes A Dolls House. The person at the front desk may not be the hiring managerbut that doesnt mean his or her impression of you doesnt matter. In fact, some companies specifically ask their front desk attendants to report back on the demeanor of interviewees who come through the door. And that likely plays a role in the ultimate hiring decisionso its important to Essay (1600-1750) General, treat that person as well as youll treat your interviewer.

Its a natural tendency to pull out your smartphone any time you have to wait: in line at the grocery store, during commercials, while you wait for the vending machine to dispense your Diet Cokeyou get the picture. But if youre waiting in house the lobby, dont automatically default to your phone. Instead, take that time to role of women, look over your resume (or All-in-One Prep Guide ) and sparknotes think through what you want to convey during your interview. Then, when your interviewer makes his or her appearance, you wont be caught off guard, shutting down Angry Birds and stuffing your phone back into your briefcase. 6. And Security Issues In Data Mining Essay. Have Everything Neat, Organized, and Accessible. You can be certain that, within the a dolls house, first few minutes of effects, your meeting, your interviewer will ask for sparknotes, a copy of about Two Case Studies Nervosa, your updated resume. But if you have to dig through your bag past candy wrappers, phone chargers, and old receipts, youre going to look a little unorganized. To make the best first impression, everything you need should be neatly organized and sparknotes readily accessible: You should be able to pull out social theories, your resume, references, and even a pen (one thats not completely mangled) on command. The less you have to house, rifle through your bag, the better. When youre a guest at your potential employers office, you probably expect that theyll make the first move when it comes to introductions. And while that may end up being true, dont be afraid to extend your hand first for rhetorical effects, that introductory handshake.

With just that small gesture, youre conveying that youre excited to be there, ready to sparknotes a dolls, jump into your interview, confident, and self-assured. After the initial introductions have been made, solidify your stellar first impression by making a connection with the interviewer . It doesnt have to be something bigjust a commonality that will get your foot in the door and start your conversation out on a this-just-might-work kind of role of women, vibe. Maybe the a dolls house, degree hanging on Essay about Two Case, his office wall sparks that connection (Oh, you went to sparknotes a dolls, the University of Florida? Im a Gator, too!), or the award perched on her bookshelf (I ran the Boston marathon last year, too. Howd you do?). Dont see anything conversation-worthy? Dig into and Security Issues in Data Mining some small talk a little deeper: How long has the interviewer lived in the area? Where did he or she move from?

Draw out details that will get you that in (Oh, you moved from sparknotes Atlanta? I lived there a few years backisnt traffic on 285 the worst?) It doesnt have to be a major connectionbut finding that one thing to chat about before getting down to business will put both of you at ease. Period General Background. These tips alone may not win you the jobbut they can certainly get you a little closer. When you start your interview out on the right foot, youll be able to face the tough questions with confidence. And that could be your key to your new job. Photo of man at interview courtesy of Shutterstock . After beginning a career in management, Katie realized she wasnt doing what she loved and determined it was time for a major career transition.

Now, as a staff writer/editor for The Muse and a content marketing writer for a healthcare IT company, she gets to do what she loves every daywrite and edit content ranging from sparknotes a dolls house demand generation campaigns to Educational Attainments Essay, career advice. Her career and management content has been published on Forbes, Mashable, Business Insider, Inc., and Newsweek. Find her on Twitter @kgwolfie. Hmmm, seems you#39;ve already signed up for this class. While you#39;re here, you may as well check out all the a dolls, amazing companies that are hiring like crazy right now.

High Quality Custom Essay Writing Service - SparkNotes: A Doll s House

You Can Now Order Essay Assistance From Real Academics - A Doll s House Summary from LitCharts | The creators of SparkNotes

essay ideas for a dolls house, kids As a bonus, site members have access to a banner-ad-free version of the site, with print-friendly pages. More Writing Activities. Essays to Write. for Early Writers. The following are printouts with writing prompts for short essays.

For early writers, these one-page printout should be enough writing space for a very short essay. For more advanced writers, extra pieces of lined paper will be necessary to complete an rhetorical effects essay. Instructions for the essay writers : For each essay, begin with a topic (focus) sentence that states the sparknotes a dolls house main ideas that you will be writing about. Social Theories. Then write at least four to five sentences that clearly explain the point of your essay. Sparknotes. End the essay with a strong closing sentence that summarizes what you wrote. Check that your grammar, spelling, and rhetorical, punctuation are correct. Make sure to use complete sentences and write neatly!

Book Report: Use this form to a dolls write a book report, noting the book's name, author, main characters, setting, and Essay about Two Case, plot summary. A Friend: Write about what being a friend means to you. Describe what friends do and sparknotes a dolls, how they behave with each other and with other people. What happens when friends disagree? Movie Review: Review a movie. Include a description of the characters, the story, the role of women scenery, and what you liked the most and house, the least about the movie. Election Issues: What do you think are the most important issues in and Security Issues Essay this election (and why)? Improve the sparknotes a dolls World: What you would do to improve the world? Think of actions you could take to help make the world a better place. June 23 is United Nations Public Service Day. How to Learn From Others : How can you learn from other people?

Give an example of something you learned from social theories someone else and sparknotes, explain why and how you learned it. Something I Learned from and Security Issues in Data Mining Essay a Bad Experience: Think about something bad that happened to sparknotes a dolls house you, but taught you something. Social Theories. Write about this experience and what you learned from it. Do you think that this knowledge will help you later in life? A Veteran's Story: Write a page about a relative or friend who was in a dolls the Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, or National Guard. Who was this person (what is their relationship to you), when did this person serve, was it during a war (if so, which one), what did that person do during their service, and what are their recollections of their service? I Wonder Why: Think of something you have wondered about and write about it. Presidential Qualities: What do you think are the most important qualities a president should have (and why)? Living in Space: Do you think people will ever live in Essay Studies of Anorexia Nervosa space? If not, why not?

If so, where will they live and how will they do it? Write About a Number: Pick a number, then write about it. Tell a Joke: Write a funny joke that you know. Why did you pick this joke? Why is house it so funny? Free Vacation Trip : If someone offered to give you a free vacation trip anywhere in world, where would you go? Why do you want to Essay about Nervosa go to sparknotes house this place? What would you do when you got there? A New Olympic Sport: Invent a new Olympic sport. The Impact Of Relative Educational Attainments. There are many unusual Olympic sports, like skeleton (running and then sledding), biathlon (skiing plus shooting), and sparknotes house, curling (using brooms to The Impact Educational Attainments Essay propel an object over ice).

Make up a new sport that would be fun to a dolls house watch and play. A New Website: If you could put up a new website on any topic at all, what would it be? Write about Essay Two Case Studies why you chose this topic, what the website would contain, and who else you think might be interested in going to your site. New Nickname: If you could choose a nickname for yourself, what would it be? Why did you pick this nickname? How do you think your classmates would react to this nickname? An Invention I'd Like: Think about an invention that you'd like to have or make. Write about what this new device would do and why you'd like to use it. Invent an Animal: Invent a new animal -- describe what it looks like, what it sounds like, how it moves, and sparknotes, what it eats. Is it scary or cuddly or something else altogether?

Would it be a pet or live in the wild (or in a zoo)? An Imaginary Pet: Draw and describe an imaginary pet that you would like (or not like) to Educational have. Invent a New Holiday: Invent a new holiday. Sparknotes House. What would this holiday celebrate? How would you celebrate it? Would there be any special food or symbols for your holiday? New Student Questions: If there was a new student in Privacy and Security in Data class and you could only ask that person three questions to get to sparknotes a dolls house know them, what questions would you ask? A New Name for Your Town/City: If you could rename your town or city, what would you call it? Why did you pick this name? How would it change things in your town? My Superpower: If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

Write a page explaining what the superpower is, why you would like to role of women have it, and house, what you would do with this new power. How would your life change if you had this superpower? If I Could Be a Different Age. Social Theories. : If you could be any age at all, how old would you be (older or younger)? Write about why you would like to be this age and what you would do. If You Could Be Invisible: If you could be invisible whenever you wanted to, what would you do? Why would you want to do this particular thing? If You Could Fly: If you could fly whenever you wanted to, what would you do? Why would you want to do this particular thing?

A Magical Spell: A Magic Spell. If you could devise a magical spell, what would it be and sparknotes, what would it do? Write about why you chose this new spell and The Impact Age Effects Educational Attainments Essay, how you would use it. If All Your Wishes Were Granted: Write about what your life would be like if all your wishes came true. A Dolls House. How would it change your life? What you would do? If You Could Make Something Disappear: If you could make one thing disappear, what would it be?

Write about about Two Case what would happen once it disappeared. Sparknotes. How would it change things? What you would do? If I Could Change a School Rule: If you could change one rule at your school, which rule would it be and social theories, what would you change it to? Why did you choose that rule? Why is sparknotes house your rule better than the old rule? Stranded on an Island: If you were going to social theories be stranded on sparknotes a deserted island and could take three items with you, what three items would you take and why? The three items have to fit in an ordinary backpack.

Describe each item fully and tell why you want each one. Message in The Impact of Relative Age Effects Educational Attainments a Bottle: If you were stranded on a deserted island and could send out one message in a dolls a bottle, what would you write in that message, and why would you write those particular things? A Space Adventure: If you could travel anywhere in space, where would you go and why? What do you think it would be like there? Go Back in Time: If you could go back in Essay Studies Nervosa time and sparknotes a dolls house, re-experience an and Security Essay event in your life, what would it be. House. Would you go back to change an Studies event that happened or to re-experience a happy time? Or something else? If I Were a Grown-Up: Write about a dolls what you'd do if you were a grown-up for one day.

What exactly would you like to on Baroque Period (1600-1750) do and why would you do it? If I Were a Teacher: Write a page on a dolls what you would do if you were a teacher for a day. Age Effects. What subjects would you teach and how would you teach them? If I Were the President: Write a page on what you'd do if you were the President. Sparknotes House. How would you change the world? If I Had a Hundred Dollars: Write a page on social theories what you'd do if you had one hundred dollars.

The Story of Your Name: Why did your parents give you your name -- what is the sparknotes story of your name? Are you named after someone or some place? If you don't know why you have your name, make up a story. If I Had a New Name: If you could give yourself a new name, what would it be? Write about why you chose this new name and effects, how it might change your life. If I Turned into an Animal: If you had to sparknotes turn into a different animal for a single day, what animal would you choose to become? Why did you choose that animal?

What would do when you became that animal, and where would you go? How do you think you would feel when you were that animal? How would people treat you? How would other animals treat you? Talk to an Animal: If you could talk to Essay on Baroque Period (1600-1750) an animal, what animal would you talk to a dolls house and what would you talk about? Why did you choose that animal? What questions would you ask that animal?

Scariest Animal: Which animal frightens you the on Baroque Period (1600-1750) Background most? Describe the sparknotes a dolls animal. What is it about about Two Case of Anorexia this animal that makes it so terrifying? Is this animal actually dangerous or does it just disturb you? My Special Day: If you had a day all for sparknotes house, yourself and could do whatever you wanted to, what would you do? Start with waking up and describe the entire day.

Include things like what you'd eat, who you'd see, where you'd go, and The Impact of Relative Educational Attainments Essay, what you'd do. An Adventure I'd like to sparknotes house have: If you could have any type of adventure at all, what would it be? Write a page on an adventure that you'd like to Essay Period experience. Think of the a dolls wildest adventure you can imagine. World Record: If you could hold a world record in something, what would it be? How would you go about attaining this world record? How would it feel being a world record holder? My Favorite Game: What is about Two Case of Anorexia your favorite game? Describe the game and how it is played. Explain the rules so that someone could learn how to sparknotes a dolls play the game. My Favorite Holiday: What is Privacy and Security Issues Essay your favorite holiday?

Describe what you like to do on sparknotes this holiday, who you like to be with at of Relative Age Effects Educational Attainments, that time, and a dolls house, why you enjoy it so much. My Favorite Time of Year: What is your favorite time of role of women year? Why do you like it so much? Describe what you like to a dolls do during this time, and why do you enjoy it so much. My Favorite Sport: What is Essay about Studies of Anorexia your favorite sport? Why do you like it, and what do you like best about a dolls it? My Favorite Movie: What is on Baroque Period Background your favorite movie?

Describe the sparknotes a dolls characters, the Age Effects Essay story, and what you like best about the movie. The Best Thing That Happened This Year: What is the best thing that happened to house you this year? What was it and what effect did it have on your life? How did it make you feel and how did it change you? The Most Beautiful Place I've Ever Seen: What is the most beautiful place that you have ever seen? Describe this place and write about where it is, what it looks like, and how you felt when you saw it. The Best Thing I've Learned in School: Write about the most valuable thing you ever learned in social theories school. What made it so useful for sparknotes a dolls house, you? What I Like Best in School: What is your favorite part of the school day? Write a page on what you like the best in school. My Best Birthday Ever: Write a page on the best birthday you ever had.

Describe what made it so special. The Best Gift You Gave: Write about the best gift you ever gave. Rhetorical. Who did you give it to and why did you give it to them? What made it a great gift? The Best Gift You Received: Write about the sparknotes a dolls house best gift you ever received. What was it and why did you like it so much? What made it so special?

The Best Food You've Ever Eaten: Write about the best food you ever had. What was it and why did you like it so much? Have you had it again? The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten: Write about the most horrible food you ever had. What was it and why did you dislike it so much? Have you had it again? Craziest Meal: What is the craziest meal you can think of? What foods would be in it? Who would make the food and social theories, where would it be served? Who would eat it?

Who would like it? My Best Vacation Ever: Write a page on the best vacation or trip that you ever had. Describe where you went, who you went with, what you did, and house, why you enjoyed it. Vacation: My Worst Vacation Ever: Write a page on the worst vacation or trip that you ever had. Issues In Data Mining. Describe where you went, who you went with, what you did, and why you enjoyed it. What is the Farthest You've Ever Traveled: What is the sparknotes a dolls house longest distance you've ever traveled? Where did you go, who did you go with, and what did you do when you got there?

What was the highlight of the trip? Fastest You've Ever Traveled: What is the Fastest You've Ever Traveled? What is the fastest speed at which you've moved? What type of vehicle were you in? Where were you and where did you go?

Who were you with, and social theories, why were you traveling. The Funniest Thing I've Ever Seen or Heard: What is the funniest thing that you've ever seen or heard? Maybe it was a joke that a friend told you, a comedy routine, or a scene in a movie. Describe this amusing event and tell why you thought it was funny. The Scariest Thing That Ever Happened To Me: What is the scariest thing that ever happened to a dolls you? Describe this event and of Relative Age Effects Educational Essay, write about why it scared you. What I Worry About: What do you worry about?

Describe something that worries you. A Dolls. Write why it worries you, how it affects your life, and Essay about Studies, how you might be able to sparknotes a dolls house solve this problem. The Biggest Thing I've Ever Seen: What is the largest thing that you have ever seen? Describe this huge object and write about when you saw it, where it was, and how you felt when you saw it. The Most Annoying Things: Write about the most irritating, bothersome things in your life. A Good Personality Trait: Think of a person you really like or admire. Rhetorical Effects. Think of house a personality trait that makes them so special. Write about role of women this good trait and why you like it. A Bad Personality Trait: Think of house a person you really dislike. Think of The Impact of Relative Educational Essay a personality trait that makes them so unpleasant.

Write about this bad trait and why you dislike it. The Hardest Part of Being a Kid: What do you think is the hardest part of sparknotes being a kid? How could you make this difficult part of Privacy in Data your life easier? The Best Advice Your Mother Gave You: Write about the sparknotes a dolls house best advice your mother ever gave you. General. What was it and why was it important to you? How has it affected your life? The Best Advice Your Father Gave You: Write about the best advice your father ever gave you.

What was it and why was it important to you? How has it affected your life? The Oldest Thing You've Ever Seen: What is the sparknotes house oldest thing you have ever seen? Write about what it was and how old it was. Where did you see it? What did it make you think.

The Most Fascinating Thing You've Ever Seen in Privacy Issues Essay the Sky: What is the most interesting thing you have ever seen in the sky? Write about what it was and what it looked like. Where did you see it? What did you think about it? Most Important Person: Write a page on who you think is the most important person alive in the world today. A Dolls House. Describe this person and write about why they are so important. How could you be more like this person? A Personal Accomplishment: Write about something that you worked hard to accomplish. How did you go about succeeding? Why did you want to social theories accomplish this particular thing?

How do you feel about your accomplishment? What other things do you want to accomplish? Autobiography: Write the story of your life. Sparknotes A Dolls House. Start with your birth and Essay General Background, continue the adventure up to the present. How Are You Different?: Write about what makes you different from other people you know. How do you think this will affect your life? Self-Portrait: Draw a self-portrait, and describe yourself in writing. Three Words Describing Yourself: If you had to describe yourself using only three words, what would words would you use and why? My Family: Write about the members of your family. House. Describe each person and what they mean to you.

My Town: If an out-of-town visitor was coming to visit, where would you take your visitor? Describe the Privacy Issues in Data Mining best places around your town and sparknotes house, why they are so interesting. Write about parks, museums, lakes, stores, restaurants, and other places you enjoy. What I Want To Do When I Grow Up: Write a page on what you want to on Baroque (1600-1750) General Background do when you grow up. What career do you want and what do you want to accomplish? An Act of Kindness: Write a page on something nice that you did for someone, or on house something nice that someone did for social theories, you for no reason. A Good Deed: When was the last time you did something nice for someone without them asking you? Write about sparknotes a dolls house what it was that you did and and Security in Data Essay, why you did it. How did the a dolls house other person react, and how did you feel about your good deed? What about rhetorical next time? A Dream I've Had: Describe a dream that you've had.

How did the dream make you feel? The Best Thing I've Learned in School: Write about the most valuable thing you ever learned in school. Sparknotes. What made it so useful for you? The Most Exciting Thing in Your Life: What is the Two Case Studies Nervosa most exciting thing you have ever done? Write about what it was, when it occurred, and where. Has it changed your life. I'm an Expert: Everyone is great at something - write about what you do best. It could be a hobby, a sport, reading, playing chess, or anything else you excel at. What's Bugging You?: Think about something that annoys or bothers you.

Write about sparknotes a dolls what it is and role of women, why it bothers you. Sparknotes House. What can you do to make it less irritating? My Earliest Memory: What is the first memory you have of your life? Write about what you remember, how old you were at effects, the time, and why you think you remember this event in particular. A Dolls House. What do you think of this event now? Giving Thanks: Write a page on what are you most thankful for rhetorical effects, in life. My Personal Hero: Who is sparknotes a dolls house your personal hero? Write a page on Period (1600-1750) General your hero's accomplishments and what makes that person a hero.

If you don't have a personal hero, describe the a dolls house characteristics that someone would have to The Impact Educational possess to be your personal hero. A Person You Admire : Who do you admire the most? Why do you respect this person so much; what have they done to deserve your respect. My April Fool Joke: Who would you like to play an April Fool's Day joke on? Why would you like to do this, and what would you like to do?

When I'm Eighty: Write an sparknotes house essay as though you were 80 years old, looking back at your life. What have you accomplished, what are you proudest of, what is the world like, and do you have any regrets? How Are You Like Your Mother?: Write about how you are like your mother. Do you look at all like her? Do you have any traits in common? What parts of your personality are like hers? How Are You Like Your Father?: Write about social theories how you are like your father. Do you look at a dolls house, all like him?

Do you have any traits in common? What parts of your personality are like his? When I Look in Privacy Mining Essay the Mirror I . : What do you see when you look in the mirror? Describe what you see, how you feel about sparknotes a dolls house your own reflection, and what it prompts you to effects do. Thanksgiving Tradition: Write about one of your family's Thanksgiving traditions. Describe it in a dolls detail, tell how you feel about it and what it means to you.

Christmas Tradition: Write about one of your family's Christmas traditions. Role Of Women. Describe it in detail, tell how you feel about it and a dolls, what it means to you. Bad Day Solutions : When you are having a bad day, what do you do to social theories make yourself feel better? Does it always work? Write a story about simple pictures - dozens of sparknotes a dolls pictures to write about.

Draw and Write 3 Things: Writing Prompts. Other Topics (Not Printouts) : Guide to Writing a Dinosaur Report - How to go about the daunting task of writing a paper on role of women a dinosaur. Sparknotes. Not a printout. For younger students : A teacher recently wrote and The Impact of Relative Age Effects Educational Attainments Essay, told of a great new way to get kids to write. House. She had two stuffed animal mascots in her classroom. Each animal had a notebook and every weekend a different child took the rhetorical stuffed animal and the notebook home and wrote about what they did together over the weekend.

On Monday mornings the sparknotes a dolls class read, discussed and critiqued the writing. Role Of Women. It was a great way to get kids to write and sparknotes a dolls house, they LOVED it.